personal regards Remote and ineffectual don.,
- This is an extract from the speech of Winston Spencer Churchill on June 18, 1940. This speech was made to the House of Commons following the collapse of France. Many anticipated the same fate for Britain. But knowing that, Hitler will have to break us in this island or lose the war. - Churchill challenged the British people to put in uncommon efforts to win the Battle for Britain.,
I awoke one morning and found myself famous.,

Gentleman-rankers out on the spree, damned from here to Eternity.,

With the fearful strain that is on me night and day

Naase Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition.,

Most political leaders acquire their position by causing large numbers of people to believe that these leaders are actuated by altruistic desires,
Let every eye negotiate for itself and trust no agent.,

Pessimism, when you get used to it, is just as agreeable as optimism.,
I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.,

The demand for certainty is one which is natural to man, but is nevertheless an intellectual vice,
Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter.,

We give up leisure in order that we may have leisure, just as we go to war in order that we may have peace.,

He deserves Paradise who makes his companions laugh.,

Ambition has but one reward for all :,

engineer