Snow and cold...I love it!  Not just because this weather reminds me of my
teenage years (decades ago) in Mpls, but because it really brings out the
birds!!!

I live in the small rural town on New Concord.  So far this year I've had 26
species in my yard,  This morning's 'newbies' ( a dozen Brown-headed
Cowbirds) were certainly not my favorite sight as they joined the flock of
Starlings that have been here for 3 weeks.  However, yesterday's
Yellow-rumped Warbler was a delight as was his 2'nd appearance a few minutes
ago.  I've never had one this early before.  (Of course, I've never had the
Starlings and Cowbirds this early, either.)

Mostly I have the usual feeder birds including: 3 woodpeckers: Downy, Hairy
(a rare yard visitor...I've only had one twice before in my 45 years in this
house),  and Red-bellied.  Also have had a couple of Yellow-bellied
Sapsuckers for the past week, also fairly rare for me.

My regret so far this year is that I've had absolutely no Red-breasted
Nuthatches for the first year ever.  I've wondered if others have seen
usually familiar birds as 'no shows' for 2007? Any ideas why?

Happy birding!
Carol Lyle