Arrived about 1:30 pm. The wind hadn't really kicked in yet. There were lots of gulls close in the outflow of the power plant. Jillions on the "pack ice" out farther. Here's the quick tally.

Herring gull
Ring Bill Gull
Bonaparte's  70-100
Lesser Black Backed   2juv. 2 ad.
Greater Black Backed  40+
Iceland   2 juv
Glaucous  several 1st & 2nd yr.
Thayer's 1 adult

Common Mergansers were more plentiful
One real ratty Shoveler
Pied billed grebes
Lesser Scaup
Am. Goldeneye

By 3 o' clock the wind was brutal. I think by midweek next week the ice pack will really help concentrate these guys.
Greg Cudworth