I addition to what Charlie Bombaci reported at Hoover this morning, I
located the following among a large flock of peeps (~170 birds) off of Wiese
Rd:
-1 juvenile WESTERN SANDPIPER
-1 WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER

Shorebirds continue to turn over pretty rapidly, and I expect a new crop to
arrive tomorrow after the cold front passes.  I saw a total of 17 species
today (all 4 Tringa sandpipers, all five peep species).

Good birding,
John

--
John Kuenzli