The bird photographed by Bob Royse does indeed look like the gull I and
another birder saw on Saturday (and variously guessed might be a
Thayer's, Nelson's, or something other).  The photo shows a light eye
(as well as the minimal head streaking) which leans against Thayer's.
As to whether it's a leucistic herring gull or something else is tricky
(and not likely to be definitively resolved), but I'm looking forward to
studying the photo later with my books at hand.

Bob's opinion certainly carries a lot of weight with me.  I'd be
interested to hear what others such as John Pogacnik think...

Good birding.

Chris Spagnoli
Lakewood