Greetings,

The one good thing about the partial thaw is that, on
these lakes at least, the waterfowl all end up in one
place.  Now, if those thawed spots weren't 75+ yards
out... :)  Had some gorgeous breeding plumage ramping
up in the Herrings and Com. Mergansers.

Location:     Eastwood Metropark
Common Goldeneye    25
Hooded Merganser    2
Great Blue Heron    31
American Kestrel    1
Ring-billed Gull    27
Herring Gull        12
Mourning Dove       3
Belted Kingfisher   1
Dark-eyed Junco     8

Location:     Huffman Metropark
Mallard     12
Hooded Merganser     2
Common Merganser     8
Great Horned Owl     1
Belted Kingfisher    1
Carolina Chickadee   2
Savannah Sparrow     1

The owl was roughly 10 yards off the road, just past
the first Huffman pulloff.  Would have had a
*fantastic* photo opp had it not flushed as a car with
an excruciatingly loud stereo passed.  Darn.  Ah,
well.

Peace,

Phil

Philip M. Ware