Walt and Roark Matthews joined us today.  Walt is working on the Boy Scout Bird Study Merit Badge.   We identified 30 total species including the following notable species:

Blendon Woods
Nature Center:  Hairy Woodpecker, Carolina Wren, Junco
West Blind Feeder:  White Throated Sparrow (Saturday)
East Blind:  Gadwall

Hoover Reservoir (Columbus, Sunbury Road)
First Parking Area North of the Dam: Horned Grebe (6), Redhead, Ring neck (2),

Maxtown Road Boat Ramp: Horned Grebe (4), Hooded Mergansers (many)

Walt’s first day of Bird Study was a very good day.

Rick and Richard Oxley