Vincent,

Thanks for the details about Tree Swallows in FL. They are favorites of mine and others, harbingers of spring for many of us here in the Midwest. Another notable half-hardy species that thrives on wax is our Yellow-rumped Warbler. You no doubt see many around Naples, FL  on the same shrubs used by Tree Swallow--if they leave any fruit behind. Yellow-rumps rely on myrtle far to the north along the east coast and peidmont. We see many "butter-butts" here in central Ohio. They are most often found in our overgrown areas where clusters of poison ivy fruits are found. Their liquid "chip" is a common sound in my side yard.

Waiting for Tree Swallows...
Tom Bain
The Central Ohio Clayey Till Plain