Hi folks,

The habitat display area at the Sportsmen's Migratory Bird Center at
Magee Marsh Wildlife Area will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 11 for
electrical renovations. Sorry for the inconvenience. On a birding note,
there has been a decent amount of activity as far as migrating
passerines go. Here are some of the birds that were seen yesterday:

Swainson's thrush
Wood thrush
Golden-winged warbler
Mourning warbler
Black-throated blue warbler
Black-throated green warbler
Chestnut-sided warbler
Tennessee warbler
Magnolia warbler
Blackpoll warbler
Bay-breasted warbler
Cape May warbler
Common yellowthroat
Ovenbird
Red-eyed vireo
Philadelphia vireo

 I'm sure that there are more to be found out here! Come out and see for
yourself.

Jim Witter

Seasonal Naturalist, Magee Marsh Wildlife Area

419-898-0960, ext. 29