Hello,

I am trying to run the example

/software/lamps/lamps-7Mar10/examples/peri/in.peri

The resulting message is that the specified atom type (peri) was invalid. This leads me wonder whether the make run included “turning on” the peridynamics functionality.

Below is what I found in the Peridynamics guide.

Thanks,

Jim Moller

2.1 Building the Peridynamic Module within LAMMPS

In the LAMMPS distribution, the peridynamic model is distributed as an add-on module, which means that it is not by default compiled with the rest of LAMMPS. To instruct LAMMPS to build the peridynamic module, go to the LAMMPS source subdirectory (/src) and type

make yes-peri

followed by

make <your platform>

to compile LAMMPS on your particular platform.