I saw my a nice  flock of  teal this morning at LaDue Reservoir.
45 blue wings rested on the exposed mud flat.
They  flushed twice, once as an eagle
soared by, and then again in response to an osprey, but they
 all returned after circling the reservoir.

No shorebirds ex. killdeer. Nice quiet morning in the drizzle.
Not a boat or a shore fisherman in sight.

Inga Schmidt