Had a super day yesterday at Oldfield Beach at Indian Lake.  Lots of everything including Black Terns. They flew in one time just barely enough for a good picture, then they were off again.  They stayed pretty much in the center of the lake.  I could see them fly back and forth as the day progressed...but never came back into shore.

After I got done there, I went over to Grand Lake Saint Marys...and bombed on everything but gulls...no pelican, no shorebirds...nothing.   So I slipped up into Celina and finally cornered a Eurasian Collared Dove.

Being totally dismayed at the lack of birds at GLSM, I returned to Oldfield,and spent the rest of the afternoon getting pics of plovers, Common Terns, and whatever else that decided to pop in.  Below is my list that I  sent to eBird.  Still have to do GLSM.  But that will take two minutes. :-)

Have a great weekend, and happy birding.

Steve J.

Observer: Steven Jones
2013-09-21 09:18
Indian Lake SP--Old Field
Protocol: Traveling
1 Miles
120 Minutes
Observers: 1
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: along beach and trails around beach.

    2    Canada Goose
    4    Mute Swan
    10    Mallard
    1    Double-crested Cormorant