The snowy owl was present at the Wayne County airport again today.  Conditions were much more conducive for snowy owls than for birders!  It was tough viewing.

As a bonus, there were two Horned Larks working the parking area near the picnic tables and I saw at least 2 Rough-legged Hawks kiting over the area.

I also had my first Killdeer of the year, in fact, my first official Killdeer life bird since beginning my listing in February of 2013.  That means that my life bird #173 was a Killdeer.  You gotta love a passion in which a person can see 3 different snowy owls, a black-legged kittiwake, and a LeConte's Sparrow (in December) before seeing their first official Killdeer. Of course, I am not counting the multitudes I saw in my childhood in the emerging housing developments around where I grew up.

Happy birding folks...

Jon Cefus

Sent from my iPhone