observed loosely organized group of nighthawks flying south over west Akron (near Merriman Rd. and Memorial Pkwy, zipcode 44303) on Saturday, September 20, 2014, in the early evening around 6 PM. I counted 15 individuals at the time of observation. However, in the past, I have observed groups of nighthawks migrating southward when the group would take up to 15 minutes and would number over 50-75 over the observation period. As I did not linger for a longer period to observe, this count was made in about 5 minutes.