The Columbus Audubon trip to Hoover Reservoir this morning found nearly all of the reservoir frozen over despite the somewhat mild temperatures.  The only open areas were the spillway and a pair of holes far north of Maxtown boat launch.  We also went down to Blendon Woods, braving the Winter Hike crowds, to check Thoreau Lake.  Highlights included:

Tundra Swans - 7 were next to one of the holes north of Maxtown, surrounded by a swarm of Canada Geese
Geese - all Canadas that we could find, some 1300 up at the Maxtown holes, much smaller #s at the dam & Blendon
BlackDucks - none at Blendon, 2 at the dam spillway
N.Shoveler - still around 24 at the dam spillway, in all sorts of plumages
Gadwall - 12-14 were at the spillway
AmWigeon - pairs were at the Spillway and at Thoreau Lake
Redheads - flocks of 10 at the Spillway and 8 at Thhoreau Lake
Canvasback - the single female remainat Thoreau Lake, where she's been for over a week
Lesser Scaup - 3 females were at Thoreau Lake
Cooper's Hawks - at least 2 were along the Lake Trail at Blendon Woods
Pileated Woodpecker - one was calling from the woods next to the Hoover Dam Spillway
E.Bluebirds - 2 were at Hoover Dam, while another 4 were at Maxtown boat launch early
Tree Sparrows - the only ones were 2-3 around the Nature Center feeders at Blendon Woods