A second northern shrike was also found at Lake Erie Bluffs.  The first one was seen along the loop trail west of Lane Road.  The second bird was seen a little north of our extreme southern boundary.  Both birds are adults.  When I walked back through, the original was near the observation platform at the southeast corner of the loop trail.

Also of note at the bluffs this morning was northern harrier, rough-legged hawk, and a late yellow-bellied cuckoo and marsh wren.  I also had three flocks of siskins flying overhead totalling 40 birds.

The bizarre sighting of the morning was watching a large dark bird over the lake.  As it got closer and closer I knew it was something different.  As it got closer, it was a pleated woodpecker.  It had flown from out on the open lake.

John Pogacnik