We did the Lake Erie Islands Christmas bird count today.  I haven't heard ftom the other islands but it was pretty amazing with quite a few rare birds.  I'm guessing we'll end up with over 70 for that island alone.

Rare birds found: long-tailed duck 2, turkey vulture 4, merlin 1, sanderling 2, dunlin 1, great black-backed x herring gull hybrid 1, yellow-bellied sapaucker 2, western kingbird 1, hermit thrush 68+, rusty blackbird 2, purple finch 66+, and common redpolls 29.