Waterfowl, raptors, and songbirds on our the move.

Yesterday on South Bass in the harbor and off the east side of the island there were
xxx Common Goldeneye
xxx Bufflehead
1    Greater Scaup
xxx Red-breasted Mergansers
1    Hooded Merganser
1    Ring-necked Duck
3    Redheads
xx  Horned Grebes, at one location in the harbor there were 16 together
xx  Mallards
xx  Canada Geese
28 Double-crested Cormorants on Starve Island
xxx Bonaparte Gulls
xx Ring-billed Gulls
xx Herring Gulls
Greater Black-backed Gulls seen last week but none yesterday

Large groups of Turkey Vultures have been roosting on the island and traveling through, with a few red-tailed and  red-shouldered hawks. Large groups of common grackle, red-winged blackbirds, starlings and a few brown-headed cowbirds are moving around as well. White-throated sparrows were in numbers this morning

Lisa Brohl