Lake Erie Bluffs was alive with birds this morning.  The trees along the north side of the Lane Road loop trail were just loaded.  Each tree seemed to have 10-20 birds in it.   I ended up with 22 species of warblers including 2 orange-crowned, Kentucky, prairie, and chat.  There was probably more that I missed.

  By 9:00 the numbers of birds dropped dramatically as most headed east along the lake shore.  There were a lot of blue jays, kingbirds, and other songbirds flying east overhead.  It was the best day I have had this spring.

Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark--Lane Rd., Lake, Ohio, US
May 12, 2016 6:50 AM - 10:40 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     there was a large fallout of birds early in the morning along the lakeshore.  the birds slowly headed east along the lake.
104 species

Canada Goose  3
Wood Duck  2
Mallard  2
Red-breasted Merganser  7
Wild Turkey  1
Common Loon  1
Double-crested Cormorant  7
Great Blue Heron  1
Turkey Vulture  132     Turkey vultures were migrating with kettles noted of 20 and 30+ birds.
Sharp-shinned Hawk  4
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Ring-billed Gull  266
Herring Gull  34
Caspian Tern  1
Common Tern  11
Forster's Tern  3
Mourning Dove  18
Chimney Swift  4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-headed Woodpecker  2
Red-bellied Woodpecker  4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker  1
Downy Woodpecker  12
Northern Flicker  3
Pileated Woodpecker  1
Acadian Flycatcher  1
Willow Flycatcher  1
Least Flycatcher  6
Eastern Phoebe  2
Great Crested Flycatcher  4
Eastern Kingbird  28
White-eyed Vireo  1
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Blue-headed Vireo  1
Warbling Vireo  16
Red-eyed Vireo  11
Blue Jay  1884     Constant large flocks of blue jays were migrating east.
American Crow  4
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  85
Purple Martin  3
Tree Swallow  17
Bank Swallow  320
Barn Swallow  11
Black-capped Chickadee  4
Tufted Titmouse  2
White-breasted Nuthatch  2
House Wren  12
Carolina Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  4
Eastern Bluebird  2
Veery  8
Gray-cheeked Thrush  1
Swainson's Thrush  9
Hermit Thrush  1
Wood Thrush  8
American Robin  26
Gray Catbird  94     Catbirds were everywhere in the brushy habitat.
Brown Thrasher  3
Northern Mockingbird  1
European Starling  67
Ovenbird  1
Northern Waterthrush  1
Blue-winged Warbler  1
Black-and-white Warbler  1
Tennessee Warbler  1
Orange-crowned Warbler  2
Nashville Warbler  8
Kentucky Warbler  1     The Kentucky was along the Lane Road trail near the trail that heads down to the beach.
Common Yellowthroat  54
American Redstart  9
Cape May Warbler  6
Northern Parula  1
Blackburnian Warbler  3
Yellow Warbler  148
Chestnut-sided Warbler  3
Black-throated Blue Warbler  2
Palm Warbler  67     Other than yellow warblers, palm warblers were the most numerous warbler.  They were everywhere
Yellow-rumped Warbler  26
Prairie Warbler  1     The prairie warbler was a little east of the overlook in the northwest corner of the Lane Road trail.
Black-throated Green Warbler  4
Canada Warbler  1
Yellow-breasted Chat  1     The chat was along the trees along the lake.  None were found where they usually breed
Chipping Sparrow  7
Field Sparrow  3
White-crowned Sparrow  74
White-throated Sparrow  24