Bill,

Perhaps the Shawnee Nature Club in Scioto County or the Shawnee State Park Naturalist would be able to help.  Here is their contact information.  Mrs. Bannon sounds wonderful, & I'd like to learn more about her too.

Cork Walker, 740-858-5080
Shawnee Nature Club President

Merrill Wood, 740-547-0442
Shawnee Nature Club Secretary