I took my Ohio Dominican Ornithology class to Blendon Woods this morning for our last field trip of the semester. We saw many warblers, vireos, and thrushes, with the highlights being Blue-winged, Chestnut-sided, Blackpoll, Blackburnian, Bay-breasted, and Magnolia Warblers, plus a Cerulean poorly seen by a couple of people in our group. We also had great looks at a Veery and a Philadelphia Vireo. Upon returning to Ohio Dominican's campus, I found a Cerulean Warbler which provided close, eye-level looks for me and a few students. It's a great day to be outside!

Blake Mathys
Blake Mathys, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Ohio Dominican University
Office: Sansbury Hall 213
Office Phone: (614) 251-4527