area we checked today. Ten banded individuals were observed.  Yellow-billed Cuckoos were inabundance as we observed 13.  We located multiplewoodpecker nest locations. Some had young outside the nest looking for ahandout whereas the fun was the sites where the young were sticking their headsout to take in their new world. These included Red-headed Woodpeckers (11),Red-bellied Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpeckers and Pileated Woodpeckers (5). Along with the 2 pair ofOsprey in Galena, both on a nest platform and using a natural nest, we observedother Osprey far south of Galena, close to the Sunbury Road causeway. In total we observed 56species, not bad for mid-June. Charlie Bombaci        Hoover Nature Preserve