n this area in previous years.
    Both Red-headed and Pileated Woodpecker nest holes were located along the creek. Both species were quite vocal this morning. The Red-headed Woodpeckers were especially vivid as their white shown like a waved flag as they flew. They have one of the purest white colors of the birds which makes it easy to spot them if they are around. They are having a very good year at Hoover Reservoir this year as Shaune and I seem to be finding them everywhere.
    Other birds observed include Yellow-billed Cuckoos, Green Herons, Acadian Flycatchers and Wood Ducks among others.
    Charlie Bombaci, Hoover Nature Preserve