From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 1 May 2008 07:24:29 -0400481_US-ASCII After I posted to the listserv last evening, the Summer Tanager returned
and alternately fed on black oil sunflower seeds and hummingbird sugar
water. He remained overnight and was at the sunflower feeder this
morning.

A House Wren has now arrived in the yard.

Kathy Mock
Barberton, near Akron

"Did St. Francis preach to the birds? Whatever for? If he really liked
birds he would have done better to preach to the cats." -- Rebecca West41_1May200807:24:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 18:45:46 -0700
I was at Wildwood Park on the eastside of Cleveland today from around 5:30 to 7:30pm.  I did not see as hardly any warblers this evening.  I only found a few.  I found what I thought was a Blue-winged Warbler high up in a tree on the Euclid Beach property seen form Wildwood near the fence.  It was yellow, black eye line, looked like white-wing bars.  When I refound it closer to the woods at Wildwood nearby I was trying to get pictures.  The pictures don't look totally like a Blue-winged.  There is more white on the underside of the belly. The books says the Blue-winged Warbler has a very yellow belly. I wonder if it was a different bird as I was too busy getting pictures to properly analyze the bird as it was in a very leafy tree.  If anybody could look at the four pictures I have posted to let me know if it could have some hybrid in it or just a pale belly Blue-wing.  I did not notice yellow wing bars the first time I saw it. I had heard a buzzy sound
 earlier when I was up there but left as I was talking on the phone. I came back latter around 7pm and found the bird.  Thank you.

Birds seen:

Great Blue Herons 3
A. Coot 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 2
Wood Thrush 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler 1 m
Yellow Warblers - several
Blue-winged Warbler 1 or hybrid ??
Field Sparrow 1
White-crowned Sparrow  5 or 6 up near the lake
White-throated Sparrow 1
Baltimore Orioles 4-5

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/

Nancy Anderson