From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 2024 12:36:50 -0400
I went back out to the land lab last night on the chance there might still be some northern lights. There was a little bit of a show (& v few people), but nothing like the night before. I was able to see sort of a rosy glow with my naked eye, which I don’t recall seeing Saturday night. While I was waiting, I picked up three more (heard only) birds for the day: a calling solitary sandpiper, singing horned larks, and a distant, great horned owl hooting, so that was nice.

Birding was v quiet at both spots this morning. I’d originally planned on going to Morris woods after Denison to look for the Mourning Warbler again but when I arrived, the small parking lot was full which is v unusual so I ended up at lobdell instead. Nothing v remarkable altho I listened to 2 Chats chatting back & forth at Lobdell.

Denison
Warblers
Magnolia
TN
Am Redstart
Yellow
N Parula
La WT
Com YT

Acadian FC
Peewee
E Phoebe
RB Grosbeak
Baltimore Oriole
Scarlet Tanager—female on trail, singing males
RE & WE Vireos
Tree & Barn Swallows
E Bluebird
Wood Thrush
Great Blue Heron
Wood Duck hen with 5 ducklings

Lobdell
Warblers
Magnolia
TN
N Parula
Yellow
Am Redstart

Chat
RE & WE Vireos
Scarlet Tanager—nice looks at a close male
RB Grosbeak
White-throated, Field & Chipping Sparrows
N Mockingbird

Peggy Wang
Granville
Sent from my iPad