From:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WANG PEGGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2024 14:41:01 -0400
Pretty quiet birdwise at all 3 spots & all had muddy, sloppy trails as well. Finally picked up a Killdeer for my Denison list—they’re easy to get at the Land Lab but not Denison. This one was a calling flyover. Did see a YB Cuckoo at Denison today. V disappointed that it looks like the Kentucky Warblers which have nested there since I moved to Granville a few years ago are not going to this year. I usually see at least 2 or 3 pairs nesting but I’ve only heard one KY sing briefly a couple weeks ago & haven’t heard or seen one since. No Hoodeds either.

Morris Woods was pretty much a bust but at least a imm male Redstart showed itself—most of my warblers today were heard-only. Saw a Black Vulture on a roadkill on the drive over.

It was nearly noon & warm by the time I got to the Land Lab but I had both orioles there & a perched/singing Willow FC. The pair of Canada Geese which nested on the main pond have 5 goslings but one unhatched egg is still in the nest. Red-tailed Hawk & a Cooper’s flew over.

Denison
Warblers
Blackburnian
TN