From:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Keller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2024 09:03:02 -0400
I didn’t get out early. I was going to, but it started pouring again. So
Much for weather radar…. I checked Sharon lake around noon. Just
Solitary and one lesser yellowlegs. The main lake is not quite the
Habitat I had wanted. I like some marsh vegetation. The north
Section with some of that is inaccessible at present. Trails are closed
Because of the equipment. The lake is being drained. Since I was
There, I explored Gorge trail,  I finally found the correct parking spot!
Looks really good for migrants for me. It’s not all tall trees. No
Worm eating. But this was mid day. I heard it was seen that morning.

The NE corner at Gilmore is flooded completely again, so nothing. I took
The north path in. I keep forgetting how much longer that is, but I had wanted
To check a couple things. Odes, etc. Northern waterthrush, Palm, and a beautiful
Male Bay breasted warbler! Only 5 ft. Above me! So migrants were around.

Both tanagers, great crested fly, pewee, both orioles, etc. I forget what was where.
And what was Foy at Shawnee Forest!

One hour and 15 minutes to get home. It should take 30. Not good! I have
Never experienced traffic that bad trying to get home…..

Swainsons warblers back in Lawrence county. Some year I will get for Ohio.
They seem annual. Willets a flyover at lost bridge. I presume that means
It is flooded!

Butterfly notes - Pearl crescents outnumbers red admiral yesterday.

Ode notes - many more around. I failed miserably at pics yesterday.

Good birding all. Catch up at home day for me!

Sandra Keller

Sent from my iPad mini