My recollection of Jellinek in the later 1950s at Yale was a short stocky (in fact, somewhat round) man whose laughter could easily be heard in the next room at the Club where I would see him from time to time.  His nickname "Bunky" was of course a diminutive, and one would expect a child's nickname to be a diminutive, but I believe he was small even as a child  (It might btw be suggested that Bunky is a diminutive meaning "little blot" or "little mistake" -- Bunkicsi? -- not "little radish."} -- Jared Lobdell