OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2009

From:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:08:22 -0400
Today I decided to see what was lurking at Blue Limestone at Delaware
Run. My targets were Fox Sparrow and Hermit Thrush, though I only
encountered the thrush. My consolation for the sparrow were 2 Chipping
Sparrows, a Field Sparrow and an Eastern Towhee. Phoebes are all back
and accounted for. Full list below

Observation date:     3/22/09
Number of species:     37

Canada Goose     15
Wood Duck     2
Mallard     6
Turkey Vulture     X
Killdeer     1
Mourning Dove     8
Belted Kingfisher     1, she's back
Red-bellied Woodpecker     4
Downy Woodpecker     12
Hairy Woodpecker     1
Northern Flicker     3
Eastern Phoebe     4, singing birds here and there
Blue Jay     10
American Crow     5
Carolina Chickadee     20
Tufted Titmouse     10
White-breasted Nuthatch     10
Brown Creeper     1
Carolina Wren     10
Golden-crowned Kinglet     10
Hermit Thrush     1
American Robin     45
European Starling     25
Eastern Towhee     1
Chipping Sparrow     2, first I've seen around campus since fall
Field Sparrow     1, rather uncommon here, as there's not much habitat
a Field Sparrow
Song Sparrow     20
White-throated Sparrow     35
Dark-eyed Junco     15
Northern Cardinal     30
Red-winged Blackbird     10
Common Grackle     15
Brown-headed Cowbird     15
House Finch     10
Pine Siskin     2, one singing, still a couple hanging around the pines
American Goldfinch     15
House Sparrow     40

Good birding,

Sean