OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2008

Date:
Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:09:12 EDT
Hello!

I just returned from a trip to Deer Creek Reservoir to look for the
Long-Tailed Duck reported by Bob Royse there yesterday.  I searched the  reservoir
from every vantage point but did not turn up the Long-Tailed  Duck.  Birds I did
observe included the following:

Snow Goose-2 (white phase near Marina)
Ruddy Duck-7 out on lake
Greater Yellowlegs-2 near Marina
BLACK SCOTER-female in the beach area
Green-Winged Teal-2
Ring-Billed Gull-several
Bonaparte's Gull-several
Herring Gull-2
Hooded Merganser-3 near dam
Killdeer-several
Probable Common Merganser-at least 2 way out
Kingfisher
Cormorant
Great Blue Heron-several

Directions and other information on Deer Creek can be found on the OOS web
site.

Rob Lowry
Powell, Ohio
5 Travel Deals!