From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 08:09:49 -0400
Although today is Wed. August 2nd., this recording is from last Thursday.
Drove east out of Fremont on Rt. 6 to Pickerel Creek WA, then the Castalia
Pond in Castalia, Ohio. At Racoon Creek on Rt. 6 I turned onto CR 265.
After several hundred feet, on the left there are two large wetland
private marshes created. After checking out the marshes there, continued
along CR 265 for a half mile, then road veers 90-degrees to the left.
Newly-created marsh about a half mile past the turn to the left. Saw
dozens of my favorite ducks there: Dozens of Pintails and over 40+ GW
Teal! Then, checked out Pickerel Creek. Here's the list from these three
spots:

Canada geese- 79
Bufflehead- 8
Ring-billed gulls- 1,004
Canvasback- 7
Mallards- 120
Tundra Swan- 4(Difficult to identify positively through marsh grass so
             didn't eye yellow eye spot at base of bill. One had neck band
             labeled M70)
Great Blue Heron- 4
Ring-necked duck- 60
Black duck- 8