From:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valencic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:12:39 -0400
I must have been right behind Robert, arriving at 5pm and leaving at 5:45.
The Eurasian Teal was cooperative but far away - thank goodness for spotting
scopes.  Got a couple good pictures but the sun was setting and it was
difficult to determine the color at the top of the head.  However, the
presence of the horizontal white line above the speculum and lack of
vertical white line on the body in front of the wing were both apparent.
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvalencic/EurasianTealAtCVNRA

Thanks to those who originally spotted and reported this bird (I only saw
this one male near the two pair of Green-winged Teal).  This was a life-list
bird for me!

Matt Valencic
Chagrin Falls, OH