OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 2010 13:27:21 -0400
The new county park on the west side of Chippewa Lake in Medina County
(Krabill Shelter) has an interesting mix of birds and habitat (lake, fields,
and woods). This is one of the public places where you can walk to the lake
shore to see what is on Chippewa Lake. The nice surprise has been the
variety of birds attracted to the small woodlot on the park property. Today
we found an Orange-crowned Warbler, foraging right along with many Cedar
Waxwings. The skies all around the lake were filled with Chimney Swifts.
There were Eastern Meadowlarks in the hayfield on the property. Three hawks
passed over head.

We are enjoying regular visits to this birding spot near our home!

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center, Ohio

Location:     Chippewa Lake--Krabill Shelter
Observation date:     9/25/10
Number of species:     24

Canada Goose     6
Wood Duck     3