From:
Steven Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2012 13:09:29 -0400
Greetings,

Braving the Mosquitoes, I took a REAL quick walk through Lawrence Woods. :-D

The Woods has now been taken over by the Flycatchers. :-D Great Crested were abundant. Willows, Least, Pheobes were also fluttering about.

Warblers have pretty much been reduced to the residents. Prothonotary, Parula, Yellow, Cerulean were around.

Wood Ducks were vocalizing but not visible...figures.

There were some ground dwelling birds about, but the mosquitoes were way too thick for stopping to ID.:-D I did flush a Woodcock, and House Wrens were at every corner.

The prairie area had RWBB, Song Sparrows, BOBOLINKS, & Pheasants.

If you go, bring repellant for the woods. ;-D

I got the Least Tern on Friday.  It was a great find and my thanks to whoever spotted that TINY thing. :-D
I finally got pictures of it up on my smug page.:
http://sjlarue.smugmug.com/Unsorted/OhioBirds/16108559_K6usy#!i=1859321529&k=WhnkhLZ

Also on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.256950177732248.59978.171054362988497&type=1

Have a great birding day and God bless.