OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2007

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 17:53:57 -0700
I went to Wildwood Park today on the east side of Cleveland but only got there around 11:15am.  Stayed for about 3-1/2 hours.  While I must of missed many birds before I got there and two warblers I couldn't ID high up - I had five new migrant species for this fall.  Here is my list:

  Coopers Hawk 1
  Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
  Golden-crowned Kinglet 1 (first I have seen)
  Ruby-crowned Kinglet 3
  Blue-gray gnatcatcher 2 (first I have seen here)
  Brown Creeper 1 seen on 9/28

  Warblers:
  ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER  2 (at least two - could of been more - seen around 2pm in trees east side of road north of Lakeshore Blvd parking lot - got pictures)
  Nashville 4 - all together when I first arrived west of creek south of woods south of bridge
  Magnolia 1
  Black-throated Blue 1m
  Yellow-rumped - few - heard more than saw
  Blackpoll - few
  Common Yellowthroat - several - adult male, immature male(partial mask)
  Wilson's 1
  Lincoln's Sparrow 1 (same field north of library)
  Swamp Sparrow 1 (same as above)
  White-crowned Sparrow 2 (immature) (first I have seen)
  White-throated Sparrows - dozens and dozens
  Dark-eyed Junco 2 (first I have seen here)

  The Orange-crowned Warblers I followed off and on for over 35-40 mins by following their calls - kind of reminded me of the Blackpoll sound - like change in your pocket - one would fly down by the river and back up to a bush by parking lot but they mostly were in the locust type trees.

  Nancy Anderson
  Richmond Hts, OH
  http://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/