OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2018

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2018 11:51:56 -0400
 Please change your bookmark. The Ohio eBird Hotspot website has moved!
https://www.birding-in-ohio.com/

Earlier this year, Wikispaces, which has been the host for the Ohio eBird
Hotspot website, announced that it is going out of business. I have
transferred the content to a new host and am no longer maintaining the
pages on Wikispaces.

Please note that the new site is a "work in progress." It has taken 3
months of work to move all the content about the eBird hotspots in Ohio to
the new platform. All the hotspots are available and may be reached from
links on the appropriate county page. There is still much work to do in
building additional links within the site. Features, such as a clickable
map and an alphabetical index of hotspots, will be added as I have time. In
the meantime, all the helpful information about hotspots contributed by so
many in the Ohio birding community is now available on the new site.

A wonderful small group of volunteers has been proofreading the new pages
-- it is easy to make mistakes in doing this data transfer. Some counties,
colored blue, are still being reviewed. Counties colored red are awaiting
review. If you would be interested in reviewing the hotspots in any of
those counties, please contact me.

If you find errors or would like to suggest changes or additions to any
page, please let me know. Contact information is available on the "Contact"
link at the top of every page in the new website.

I have been activating new eBird hotspots as they have been suggested but
have quite a backlog of new hotspot pages to create. If you suggested a new
hotspot and have been wondering whether it has been activated, it has! I
will let you know when new pages are added to the website.

Thanks to all who have been helping me with this project.
Ken Ostermiller
eBird Hotspot reviewer for Ohio