OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2018

From:
Nelson Mostow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Mostow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:24:49 -0400
Help - My wife and I saw two Red-shoulder hawks in our back yard last night,
June 16, around 8 pm.  We live near Chagrin Falls.  They look to us like the
Florida or extimus race.  We don't know is whether this race in rare in NE
Ohio.

This is a link to where we have uploaded 4 photos of the two birds, labeled
bird one and bird two.

 <https://www.flickr.com/photos/55608878@N02/with/42144537044/>
https://www.flickr.com/photos/55608878@N02/with/42144537044/

  If anyone in the group can tell us if these are rare here we would
appreciate it.  Also to verify our interpretation that these are the extimus
race.

Thanks,

Nelson and Ann Mostow