OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2010

From:
Carole Babyak <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2010 13:26:43 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Sep 8, 2010 11:55 am
Subject: Conneaut Courier Newspaper Article -Birding survey being conducted

Hi
FYI
The attachment is an article from the August 12th edition of the Conneaut, Ohio Courier newspaper (a weekly newspaper publiched on Thursdays).

The subject survey is being conducted by Professor Phillip F. Xie, Ph.D. of Bowling Green University, Bowling Green, Ohio.  I have not been to Conneaut for a few weeks but at that time I could not locate the subject survey--but by this time it may be at the local library off of Route 7 in downtown Conneaut.  Professor Xie would like to receive imput from birdwatchers travelling to the Conneaut Harbor to see the shorebird migration and other birds like eagles, waterfowl etc.  Below is information Dr. Xie provided so you may want to contact him directly regarding the survey form.  He will probably utilize data regarding the hawkwatchers who journey to Malek Park in Conneaut.  We all know how important this project may be for birding activities in Conneaut Harbor and adjacent areas.  Someone may want to post the information on this survey on the Ohio Birding on the Net website List Service:

Phillip F. Xie, Ph.D.
Director and Associate Professor
School of Human Movement, Sport, and Leisure Studies
Bowling Green State University
117 Eppler Center
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Phone:  419-372-7234
Fax:  419-372-0383

Please participate in this survey (maintain your data until you can input it on the survey form) and let also let others know about this survey.
Thanks
tom wasilewski
Edinboro, PA

.