OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2014

From:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cole DiFabio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2014 19:19:10 -0400
After the storms stopped, I decided to go over to LaDue Reservoir in Geauga
County this afternoon, looking for any shorebirds. At the board launch,
there were 4 Least Sandpipers close on the shore. However, the only other
shorebirds were 3 Killdeer. There wasn't a lot of habitat for shorebirds,
since the water was high. Dick Hoopes told me however that they will be
bringing the water level down, which could create more habitat.

Other birds around were Osprey, Red-shouldered Hawk, 2 Caspian Terns, and
Yellow-throated Warbler. These were found along Valley Road. Here is my
list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19047670

There wasn't a lot to be found along Bartholomew Road, but there was a
single Great Egret on the west side of Auburn Road.

I made a quick stop after to Eldon Russell Park and had Prothonotary
Warbler singing. http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19047666

Good Birding

--
Cole DiFabio