From:
"Robert S. Morton" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert S. Morton
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:06:39 -0400
New birds showing up. The wood ducks that nest in a huge oak tree in the
neighborhood are back. One male Rose-breasted Grosbeak ate cracked corn
this morning at the platform feeder; I heard the "drink your teaaaa" call,
then had an Eastern towhee feed on the ground; one Song sparrow, many
White-throated sparrows ans White-crowned sparrows rooted under the
feeders and in the compost pile; the resident pair of Carolina wrens are
interested in an old gourd we hung from a clothesline; Dark-eyed Juncos,
Robins, Blue Jays(nesting in my neigbors thick bushes), Cardinals,Common
Grackles, Brown-headed cowbirds, House finches, a dozen American Goldfinch
(they like the thistle feeders), House sparrows, a dozen Chipping
sparrows, European starlings, White-breasted nuthatches, Black-capped
Chicadees, several Downy and one Hairy woodpeckers; a Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker calls from Birchard Park, around the corner from me; Red-bellied
woodpeckers (one pair) feed on the platform feeder; Chimney Swifts soar
overhead; Mourning doves fatten themselves on my cracked corn; and each
day a Bald eagle (or two) cruises over my yard. Oh, I also have a
cockatiel spotting for the rare bird list. I must add it escaped from the
cage on our front porch, though...probably better not list it. Robert
Morton

I realized that If I had to choose, I would rather have birds than
airplanes. Charles Lindbergh (1902 - 1974), Interview shortly before his
death, 1974