OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2010

From:
Philip Chaon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Philip Chaon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 2010 21:48:52 -0800
Hi all,
Earlier today Gerald Mount and I visited Squire Valleevue Farm in Cuyahoga County. In addition to relocating the Northern Shrike previously reported by Andy Jones we also found a Hatch Year Pine Warbler. The Pine Warbler was located near Picnic Area 6 in a large fruiting bush and was perhaps not surprisingly quite inactive. 3 Pileated Woodpeckers were also a fun find.
Cleveland Lakefront Statepark at E. 72nd Street in Cleveland was mostly covered in slush ice but gull numbers have increased significantly over the past few days, though large gulls are still in relatively low numbers. Birds of note include an adult Thayer's Gull  and 7 Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

Good Birding,
Philip Chaon