OHIO-BIRDS Archives

December 2007

Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:44:04 -0500
Nice shot of what I believe is a coopers hawk - compare your photo to my
photo of what I believe is a sharp-shinned hawk taken yesterday - the poses
of both birds is almost identical so the differences are easier to compare.

http://www.jandbk.org/gallery_birds/images/sharp_shinned_hawk3.jpg

The differences that I note are ....  the thinner terminal tail band and the
hooded appearance of the sharpie, the thicker body and thicker legs of the
coopers ....

But now lets hear what the experts have to say!