OHIO-BIRDS Archives

November 2015

From:
Jim Tomko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 22 Nov 2015 17:20:35 -0500638_UTF-8 I birded areas along the Scioto River from Long St dam south through downtown, Scioto Audubon, Haul Rd, and quarries down near St 317 and Lockbourne. Unlike the reservoirs, there was minimal evidence of waterfowl migration here. The winter gull commuters, though, were much in evidence. Notables included:

Mute Swans - 2 were at Haul Rd, and another was at the 317-ParsonsAve Quarry.
Dabblers - hardly anything other than small flocks of mallards. Scioto Audubon had 3 Green-winged Teal
Divers - nothing other than small groups of Hooded Mergansers at many locations
Other waterfowl - Haul Rd had 2 Pied-billed [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 22:23:44 -0600
6 Wood Duck
100 Gadwall