From:
chris clc <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
chris clc <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2013 20:27:22 -0400
When leaving today I saw an oddly-colored Canada goose near the main pond
between the theater and the Pleasant Valley Rd entrance. This (prob.
leucistic) specimen had bright yellow legs and greatly reduced pigmentation
on the body, almost white. The neck and head were normally-patterned but
much lighter in color than the typical birds surrounding it. The black was
basically a medium gray. I didn't get a good look at its bill. I'm unaware
of Canada-domestic goose hybridization, but the reduction of pigment while
maintaining the normal pattern makes a genetic anomaly like leucism much
more likely in my mind. I'll try to remember get a picture and to post a
message if it is still there tomorrow morning.

Chris Caprette