OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2012

From:
Kim Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kim Graham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2012 10:50:50 -0500
Decided to take a chance and drive up to Woodlawn Cemetery in Toledo to see
if the White-winged Crossbills and the Common Redpolls were still present
yesterday.  We arrived shortly before 1pm under partly cloudy skies and were
able to locate both.  Both move around a bit as there are lots of cone and
catkin bearing trees throughout the cemetery.  We found a group of approx.
20 crossbills in the Hemlocks? in section 40 and they were quite cooperative
for viewing, both on the ground and in the trees.  We later found most of
the Redpolls in section 25 in some Birch type saplings.  There were easily
20-30 Redpolls.
    Below is a link to my website where I posted an image of one of the
female crossbills.

kimgraham.zenfoliio.com

Good Birding,
 Kim and Cindy Graham