OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2012

From:
Jennifer Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jennifer Sauter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2012 07:49:18 -0400
The Ohio Ornithological Society is sad to announce the resignation of Dr.
Jill Russell as Editor in Chief of the Ohio Cardinal.  Jill's professorial
responsibilities have increased and she feels she can't do justice to both
them and the Cardinal.  OOS is pleased, however, that seasonal editor and NE
Regional Director Craig Caldwell will take over as Editor in Chief starting
with the Winter 2010-11 issue.  To ease the transition, Jill will continue
to do the layout and David Russell will remain as Photo Editor.

The OOS is committed to our obligation to produce the historic records of
Ohio bird sightings.  "Both editors and several other volunteers from Ohio's
birding community will be working hard with the goal of clearing the backlog
of issues before mid-summer of 2013 and remaining current thereafter.
Currently, Spring 2010 is at the printers and Fall 2010 is expected to be in
at the printers by Labor Day.

The board of directors appreciates everyone's patience and understanding in
our efforts to fulfill our obligation to Ohio's birding community.

Good birding to all of you!
Jen Sauter, President
Ohio Ornithological Society
"Ohio's Birding Network"