Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 17:28:09 EDT
Activity at the preserve was much the same today as over the last few
postings. The first wave of Prothonotary Warblers is arriving with many more to
follow. Today we had several respond to phishing and come in very close to show
off their iridescent spring plumage. The best is yet to come and the preserve
should be hopping by early May..

Several Northern Parula's came within 10 feet of us and sang in the
sunlight. Not to be outdone a Yellow-throated Warbler practically landed on us.  The
others were slightly more standoffish.

Palm Warblers were foraging very low and providing excellent views, but we
were distracted by the pair of Red-headed Woodpeckers that were getting frisky.
 In the sunlight their colors were incredible.

Things are picking up in Central Ohio and with the reports from Shawnee and
other areas to the south we should see migration hit its full stride in about
two weeks.

Charlie Bombaci
Hoover Nature Preserve

listings at AOL Autos.