From:
Andy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 12:16:27 -0400
Ohio birders:

As the Fall 2007 issue of The Ohio Cardinal arrives, you should be aware
of two major changes that will take place before the next issue is
published.  First, founder and publisher Ed Pierce has transferred
ownership of The Ohio Cardinal to the Ohio Ornithological Society.
Thank you to Ed for creating and maintaining this journal.  And second,
Bill Whan will not continue as editor under this new ownership.  I would
like to thank Bill for ten years of great service as editor of this
journal; he shepherded and authored many excellent articles and essays
during his tenure.

I would also like to assure all readers that The Ohio Cardinal will
continue to be published in a similar form, with only some minor content
changes.  The main change is in editorial staff; I will serve as
Editor-in-Chief of the journal along with four Seasonal Editors.  Aaron
Boone, Craig Caldwell, and Jim McCormac have agreed to assemble one
season of observations per year, and a fourth seasonal editor is
currently being sought.

The Ohio Cardinal will continue its tradition of publishing notes of
important observations regarding Ohio's birdlife, and as always we
depend on your submissions.  Your summary of observations from
throughout the four seasons, as well as your photographs, short notes,
longer papers, and recurring series on birding locations are the
lifeblood of this journal, and we hope that you will continue to submit
these items.  All submissions should be routed to:

Andy Jones
Department of Ornithology
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
1 Wade Oval Drive – University Circle
Cleveland, OH 44106
cardinal AT cmnh DOT org [substitute "@" for "AT" and a period for "DOT"]

Additional updated details are available at the OOS website:

http://www.ohiobirds.org/publications/cardinal/aboutcardinal.php

Not familiar with The Ohio Cardinal?  Please consider joining the Ohio
Ornithological Society – one of the many benefits of membership is a
subscription to this journal.  See the website above for a sample issue.

Andy
--
Andy Jones, Ph.D.
William A. and Nancy R. Klamm Endowed Chair of Ornithology
http://www.cmnh.org/site/researchandcollections_Ornithology.aspx