OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2012

From:
David Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Bernstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 01:21:38 -0400
Sorry for another post, but I wanted to correct something I said. I had
mentioned that my little blue sighting appeared to be the first reported to
ebird this year in central OH.  My iPad lied to me... When re-checking the
ebird map on my laptop I did find a couple others in the central part of
the state from 2012.

I also was looking through my photos some more and noticed it appears I
photographed two Mallard x Black duck hybrids. These are quite common where
I live, but ebird flagged these guys as rare when I updated my list, so I
figured I would share the sighting with you. I posted another horrible
photo of my LCD display on Flickr as documentation.  You can pretty much
make out the green streaking on the heads of both birds if you enlarge the
picture. These two guys were seen to the RIGHT of the boat ramp after the
bridge. (south of the bridge).

Have a great night!

David Bernstein
Boston, MA