OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2007

From:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Habig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:14:27 -0400
I just got in from birding at Caesar Creek SP. I was hoping for
Sapsucker, Winter Wren and Louisiana Waterthrush but I struck out on all
three. I did see or hear:

American Bittern (2 seen)
Robins
Turkey Vultures
Possible Great Horned Owl on nest
Phoebe building nest (there were two phoebes but only one was doing all
of the work. I watched where the bird was getting the nest material from
and made my way over there. It was getting moss from the base of a tree
and mud from a seep next to the tree. Every once in a while the second
bird would land and give the first bird some moss to take to the nest
site under the foot bridge. Then it would go back to feeding itself and
watching the other bird work.)
Red-shouldered Hawk (2 heard in different areas of the park. It looks
like the old nest has had some new material added to it.)
Blue Jays
White-breasted Nuthatch (pair staying close together)
Carolina Chickadees
Tufted Titmice
Downy Woodpecker
Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Red-winged Blackbird
Common Grackle
Song Sparrow
Field Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
E. Bluebird
Mourning Dove

A few others I can't think of right now.

Good Birding

John Habig
261 Lantis Dr.
Carlisle, OH 45005